I love baking experiments. LOVE. I could bake all day and never get bored! Anyone else? Just look at the pics from my last post. I spent the entire weekend making desserts. First up: these muffins! Bonus points: they are vegan (!) AND super easy.
I adapted the recipe from one of my favorite healthy food bloggers, The Balanced Blonde. Enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (I love Bob’s Red Mill Coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mash banana with a fork until creamy.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Grease a muffin tin and drop in spoonfuls of batter. (Fill all the way close to the top — they don’t really rise very much.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
I stored these in a tupperware container at room temperature. After a few days, I moved them into the fridge. According to The Balanced Blonde, they will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
**Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which may generate a revenue for my site when a purchase is made.**